Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Party of Se7en


Like how I did that with the number inserted in the word?  Remember that movie?  Yikes!
Hey! Anything to distract from the fact that it has been many months now since my last blog post.  Of course, the last one was about my wife for our anniversary - certainly a good place to pause.  A lot can happen during a pause though.  Here is a quick run down of things I may have blogged about had I been more diligent in writing post anniversary to now:
  • Vacation at the beach - One of my favorite things to do.
  • Grandmother died - More difficult than I had ever imagined
  • Homeschooling days - living to learn
  • Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years
  • Another year older - it happens
  • Valentine’s Day
  • Passover (I don’t expect everyone to understand)
  • Easter
  • I lost a friendship or two, but I gained one as well.  It’s hard to have friends when you are in ministry (Wait, I think I blogged about friends already.  Strike that.)
  • Had my license suspended
  • Discovered a warrant for my arrest - worked it out.
  • Broke down on the interstate to the terror and screams of my children - that was loud.
  • Reflected over and over again of being bullied back in the day (I just can’t let it go).
  • My second son became a Christian.
  • Preached a D-Now weekend.
  • My grandfather visited our church and heard me preach (Said it was the best he’s heard in a long time, but he’s biased... and he has not been to church in a while).
  • Started taking the kiddos fishing again - three is a crowd four is a nightmare
  • Tore my meniscus - still going on.
  • God provided our family a replacement vehicle through our blind faith - I’ll probably still blog this one because it is such a cool story for our family.

  • Had a baby... girl - what a miracle, and now we are a party of seven.
That last one is where I’ll pick up next time.  Hopefully I’ll be back in the blogosphere regularly again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment